Friday, 27 March 2009
Sunday, 22 March 2009
Summary of Current Symptoms
Chronic fatigue and miscellaneous symptoms
- General muscle weakness e.g. too fatigued to eat (with plastic cutlery) without taking breaks to rest
- Extreme muscle weakness post exertion (i.e. unable to move arms for a day after lifting something too heavy, e.g. a plate)
- Flaring muscle pains (become increasingly frequent if I start to push my limits or have over exerted myself)
- Noise sensitivity –very tiring and heightened further during sinus blockages. High pitched, loud or compound noises are the worst.
- Light sensitivity – as above
- Skin – accidental knocks hurt more than they should
- Dizziness - on going from lying to sitting or sitting to standing (pressure drops).
- Inability to multi-task at all – even hearing sounds from two different directions is too much and tires me.
- Short-term memory recently became very bad – struggle to hold something in my mind for longer than a minute or two.
- Sometimes struggle to put sentences together (use wrong words) and can no longer do simple calculations in my head
- Recurring lung soreness, sore throat and ears
- Problems swallowing food
- Dry skin getting drier
- Recurring yeast infections
Extensive rest – currently resting in bed, in silence doing nothing, for 10 or 11 hours a day just to have the energy to get up and eat meals.
Switched to plastic cutlery so not so tiring to eat. Also use plastic plates, bowls etc. because they are lighter and quieter. I drink from plastic cups using a straw.
Glutamine supplementation -helps muscle strength recovery and prevents muscle wasting
Prescription antifungals (was nystatin, now diflucan)
- Chronic sinusitis (sinuses blockages sometimes lead to migraines)
- Dustmite allergy
- Hypersensitivity to anything in the air – smoke, dust, mold, pet dander, pollen, any fragrances or chemicals.
Saline sinus rinse 2x daily
Saline drops/sprays for dry nasal passages
House is vacuumed and dusted every 5 days with Dyson
Air purifier in bedroom
Antihistamines – nasal spray helps when exposed to dust, I sometimes take tablets too
Decongestants and paracetamol – when sinuses block off
Supplementation - natural anti-inflammatory/anti-histamine Quercetin, and Bromelain
Immune modulating herbs to boost immune response to infection and reduce allergies.
- Food intolerances:
- Gluten – a small amount causes intestinal inflammation that hurts for 3 days (have avoided wheat since the age of 14, now any gluten is a problem)
- Dairy – makes sinus congestion worse
- Sugar – causes yeast infection to flare as well as stomach pain, gas and indigestion (fruit and starches also limited for this reason)
- Yeast – gives me hives
- Salt – makes my stomach lining hurt
- Garlic – indigestion and headaches
- Sensitive stomach lining – sometimes hurts just to put anything in it, even water. Taking a couple of pain killers for period or sinus pain always triggers this for a few days.
- Nausea (worse when sinuses are blocked or draining)
- Old constipation problem returning
- Occasional flare ups of probable diverticulitis (from prolonged bad constipation when growing up)
Careful balanced diet of home-cooked food to control digestive symptoms, hypoglycemia and yeast infection flare-ups.
Supplementation with high quality vitamins and probiotics.